A new feature, hopefully: Wading through the weeds of free message boards for usefulness and its direct opposite.
- - -
Rumor. Penn State fans assessing their chances of landing Terrelle Pryor are getting more confident as time goes by: every day he doesn't commit to Ohio State is another day to hope against hope:
But, if what I have read is to be believed, it's between OSU and PSU.
That said, I personally believe he is still an OSU lean, but my fingers are crossed for PSU. At this point, I think it's 60/40 OSU. But, I hope I am wrong.
- - -
- - -
The other hope on Penn State boards, though no more realistic, is that JoPa might be meeting soon with President Graham Spanier about his future, i.e. establishing some kind of date for Paterno's glorious and completely voluntary concession of power. A PSU fan even stopped in on an OSU board to place Pryor's eminent commitment there at the feet of the Lions' zombie coach:
- - -
Rivalry, Ridicule and Randomness. Best post of the week in many ways probably belongs to "ksushalovesthevols" on Vol Nation who pens an open letter to
his her team: "I don't want apology letters; I want you to stop getting arrested."
- - -
As long as Papa Smurf remains seated at all times, he'll work out fine in the Big House.
"ArrowheadBlue," on the other hand, goes peacemaker on The Wolverine with a target M and OSU can both appreciate: The SEC All-Penal Team." Britton Colquitt's arrest was the final piece of the puzzle: the team now has a kicker and a punter and goes three-deep at quarterback. Though it should be noted that Iowa could field an entire offense or defense by itself.
This Explains Everything. Four posts on Gator Sports Forum since last Sunday have attracted more than 100 comments. See if you can spot the common theme:
- Domer Ethics
- Suspending for selected easy games is BAD BAD BAD...
- I have to admit...UK fans hate FSU almost as much as we do
- Noles guaranteed a spot in the NCAA tourney...
- Noles picked up another recruit
More Individual threads I liked this week:
• Gator Sports Forum: If Jesus is an obvious #1, Tebow an obvious #2...Who is #3? For the greatest person who ever lived? "I vote for Tebow's parents for bringing us this gift." No, seriously: Tim Tebow best college QB ever. Too good for common articles, even.
• BlueWhite Illustrated: Reggie Bush Is a Lucky Man. "She said look I am armenian everyone knows armenians got big butts. Really??"
• Buckeye Grove: Good bars, etc. in Columbus? "If you want trashy women, there are plenty of strip clubs."
• Warchant: This has to be some kind of record for passing yards in a season. Check `09 Alabama commit A.J. McCarron's sophomore stats, according to Scout. Yeah, that would be a record.
• Husker Board: Why Does ESPN Hate Nebraska So Much? "Is it the down-to-earth graciousness Nebraskans possess? kindness? willingness to help?"
The L.A. talent can spoil anyone, certainly, but remember, kids: beggars can't be choosers or judgers. I mean, even Peg Bundy turned into a normal mom on that show where John Ritter died.
• The Victors: What's up with the in-depth Obama-Clinton debate thread on a sports board? At least there's a misogynistic dig at Michelle Obama in there, albeit in the most egghead-ish possible terms. (Seriously, Does the Law of Marginal Utility apply to BJs?).
"Ultimate Expression of a Neighboring State's True Inner Self" Link of the Week. Also courtesy The Victors (thread here):
- - -
BTW: That "OT- Erin Andrews pics" post on every board? Spam, dawg.