This Week on BleepingIdiots.com we have a special treat for everyone as we sit down with Virginia Tech Hokies Redshirt Junior Running Back Jahre Cheeseman.
1. BleepingIdiots.com: First off tell us a bit about your injury, and the rehab process behind it. Do you feel you will be able to be back 100% and compete for the bulk of the carries this season?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I broke my left fibula during a scrimmage in the spring. I been doin a lot of balance and flexibility exercise along with lifting. the agility came later this summer but are also going well. I think I will be ready for the season but i expect that we will have a two-back system once again at VT. kenny lewis is now clear to go and we are workin together to compliment each other.
2. BleepingIdiots.com: On November 1st last year against Georgia Tech, you showed the coaching staff as well as the whole nation what you are capable of with the ball in your hands when you broke off that 70 yard run. Do you feel that the GT game gave you stronger pull for more carries this upcoming season?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I think it changed a couple of minds and opened some eyes. However I believe the spring determined alot of what kind of pt i will get this fall.
3. BleepingIdiots.com: Coming out High School, you were the #9 all purpose back in the nation. What was the toughest part of the transition from high school ball to the college game.
- Jahre Cheeseman: I think the hardest transition was the mental aspect, and getting more involv ed in film and my reads on the field.
4. BleepingIdiots.com: Many scouts still consider you to be a running back / cornerback… where do you prefer to play and where are you most comfortable?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I’d much rather play tailback. I feel more comfortabnle and able to produce more for the team at the running back spot, it is more natural to me.
5. BleepingIdiots.com: Which NFL running back do you compare most favorably to, and who do you feel you model your running style after?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I dont really compare my running style to anyone, I kind of just do what comes natural on the field.
6. BleepingIdiots.com: What is your opinion on the Dual QB system with Tyrod and Sean? Do you think it has a negative, positive, or no effect on team chemistry?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I really like the duel system that we have I think it brings out the best in each of them. Also I feel that it is great for the team and widely accepted
7. BleepingIdiots.com: You and Tyrod Taylor line up on the goal line, who gets to the 40 yardline first?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I couldn’t even say, In my current status I would say easily he would take me. But prior to the injury I think it would be a good race.
8. BleepingIdiots.com: Every kid’s dream is to play as themselves in a video game. This Wednesday NCAA 09 comes out, any rating predictions for yourself?
- Jahre Cheeseman: I didnt have any predictions for myself on the game I’m just curious to see what happens. I still have yet to pick it up. I’m just happy to even be in the game.